Seeing Through the Media Matrix: 60 mins
For Girls in Grades 9-12 (ages 14-18)
Nicole helps girls make sense of the images and messages that bombard them daily. Body image issues are the “#1 deterrent to girls success in schools” [Canadian Mental Health Board].
· how to DECODE ads and become Media Renegades by learning to apply critical thinking skills!
· girls gain a better understanding of the subtle, yet powerful, manipulation the worlds of advertising, fashion, and celebrity can have on them if they let them.
· Nicole reveals the difference between true confidence and false confidence
· the truth about “size zero” – it’s shocking.
· Bullying is directly linked to media and Nicole addresses this critical topic.
Immunize girls against media manipulation and help them build their self-esteem muscle and critical thinking skills! Optional TOPICS for 90 mins workshop: SEXTING, REAL ART vs ARTVERTISING, & MEDIA’S ROLE IN SEX-TRAFFICKING .
WORKSHOP #2 How to Build Kung-Fu SELF-ESTEEM!©
For Girls in grades 5-8 (ages 9-14) Former Elite model shares how she kept her self-esteem strong no matter what the media told her! Hi-YAH! Girls learn how to DECODE ads and build their critical thinking skills. Nicole presents a highly interactive workshop for girls to share their feelings about body image and pressure from the media to conform. Bullying is directly linked to media and Nicole addresses this critical topic. Immunize girls against media manipulation and help them build their self-esteem muscle! Join Nicole in creating a CLEVER GIRL CULTURE! (this is the critical age) Inquire for pricing. (workshop for boys available here) Not a martial art class. Approx 60 mins but can be customized
Tori, was in one of Nicole's first workshops during middle school. She shares how it helped her in high school.